Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day in Chicago


Brandon and my Dad eating Thai Food!


Brandon enjoyed looking at these cars in Gold Cost an area of Chicago.



Oprah's House she lives on the 6th foor here.


Sarah and I in front of the flying car at the Harry Potter Exhibit. The only picture we were allowed to take.





For Labor Day weekend we headed to chicago. And again we almost missed our flight. We have a slight problem with getting to the airport on time. Our flight left at 4:25 (which I thought it left at 4:35) and we got to the airport around 3:50. We parked in economy which is cheaper, but for some reason it took the bus a long time to pick us up. We got to the airport around 4:10! So again we were running to our flight. I was literally the last person to board the plan. We didn't hear our name called over the speaker, which is a good sign that we weren't too late, but I couldn't believe I was the last person to board the plan. Anyway. We made it to chicago and as tradition we went to the best pizza place in Chicago Giordano's! Headed back to my sisters new place, where Brandon and My dad finished hanging some pictures on her wall. Saturday we got up early, walked around downtown and then headed to Sarah's place to pick out the bikes. Since it was going to be such a nice weekend, I asked my parents to bring the bikes so we could ride around the lake. We did take some pictures at a water Fountain and walked around the Jazz Festival but that was just to get some lunch. That evening we went to the Harry Potter Exhibit. This was only in town for a couple more days, so we had to see it before it left. Then we had dinner at Grand Lux Cafe! It's owed by the cheese cake factory. It was good and we had a great experience. Sunday we got up and went on a Double Decker Trolley ride around the city. That was fun, we got to see where Oprah lives, and some other areas around the city that we don't get to as much. We went shopping and had dinner. Monday I made the mistake of booking a later flight out. We left at 5:15. And again we were pushing it. When we got to the gate the were boarding our section. However I did get to see my close friends from high school Dave and Jen Stott who live in chicago now. So we meet them for lunch. It was a very busy weekend, the weather was great and we had a fun time.

1 comment:

Boswell said...

I went to the HP exhibit this summer! Cool.