Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On the Road to Recovery





Yesterday was a big day for Nala. Some of you don't know this but she has torn both of her ACL in her back legs. I didn't ever really think that dogs could do this. But I guess that its a common things in bigger dogs. She had this new surgery called Tight Rope, its a better way to go than the TPLO because she is so big. I dropped her off yesterday morning and surgery wasn't until 1:30 and they finished up by 3:00. They said surgery went well, and that she was pretty funny for them. After work we thought we were going to be able to take her home, but she decided otherwise. She was so drugged up that she didn't want to move. She was on a big fluffy bed, with covers all over her she didn't want to get up. So we picked her up this morning. She was up and ready to go. However though she is 3 legged right now. She will tap her toes down lightly but that is about it. We have to ice her leg 3 to 4 times a day, and do range of motion exercises! We are suppose to take her for a walk 3 times a day for 10 min, but its freezing out there. And poor girl her bum is shaved! So we will start that tomorrow. Anyway....she will have surgery on the other leg in a couple of months. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for her and every day will be better I am sure. It just hard to see her the way she is. I will update later.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

oh my goodness! Poor baby!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh that looks so painful! Poor little girl! :( And she has to go back for another surgery? Aw, breaks my heart!

Grace Clausing said...

Poor Nala. How's she feeling? I hope she recovers quickly!

josh, julia, ethan, and amaya fisher said...

Poor Nala! You guys have just had it rough all the way around. Miss you already!