Friday, November 13, 2009

Brandon's Birthday



Brandon's birthday was Nov 1st, and it happened to fall on a Sunday. So the Friday before I started thinking. I thought I should try and surprise him and get a couple friends to meet us for after church lunch. So I started calling. Nobody answered so I had to leave messages. Well Saturday afternoon while we were home one of our friends called. I didn't answer because Brandon was in the room, he said aren't you going to answer your phone. I was laying on the couch so I said I am trying to take a nap. Later that night Brandon had to head to the grocery store. So I called her back. He didn't know. Sunday morning we were getting ready for church, and my cell phone is ringing. It our other friend who I invited making sure we were still on for lunch, and wanting to know if we wanted to go to church with them. Brandon was in the shower, but he heard my phone ringing. He asked who it was I told him, he said why did she call. I said to see if we wanted to go to church with them. Than I spoiled it. I just couldn't hold the lie in, I started laughing. I am terrible at trying to keep things secret, especially when I am so excited about it. He said why are you laughing, I said nothing and left the room. A couple min later, Brandon starts putting two and two together. He said why did Ashley and Christie call? What is going on? Why are you laughing? I said nothing, and still laughing. So he knew something was going on. After church we met them all at dinner, and it was a good time even though he wasn't surprised!

No comments: