Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Addition

Well we can finally cross something off our list of things to either to do or purchase before baby Hoop arrives.
1. Decide on a Name
2. Decide on Bedding, and nursery Color
3. Order Recliner
4. Purchase a Family Vehicle


As most of you know I have been driving my trusty old cavalier, the one my parents purchased me while in college. Its been a great little car, never would I have dreamed that I would still have it. I have 186,000 miles on it, and its still going. I told Brandon when I cross the 200,000 mile marker I am taking a picture of it and send it to GM (government motors). We have been saying since we have been married, that we would purchase me a new car when it was time for the family. Well 2.5 months away we finally had to hunker down and purchase it. It wasn't something we wanted to do, people say that purchasing a car is the second biggest purchase in your life. I would have to agree with that statement.
Thank goodness I have a husband that knows his cars and prices. He really need to follow his passion and either start consulting for people or be a car broker. He is great at knowing cars, what engines to stay away from, what prices to look for and such. So if you are in the market, you might need to pick his brain. If you know Brandon he has been researching the heck out of cars. Looking at Volvo XC90, Yukon, and Expedition. He is always looking for that great deal, well while we were in the airport at 6am Monday morning he was looking at craigslist on his phne. He found it a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition, and it was such a great deal that when we landed he called the guy (8AM in the Morning). After work on Monday we drove down to test drive it. It was great, its big enough to hold all of us one kid, two dogs and two parents. We hope that it will last us long enough to hold two kids and two dogs! haha
So I finally got a new car, we still have the cavalier and I will continue to drive it until I find sitting low in a car uncomfortable. Than after baby hoop arrives, I will still use it as long as we don't need to go anywhere all together. The gas on the Cavalier is amazing, the new car....um not so much.
Here are some pictures....oh and Nala took a ride it in yesterday as well. She enjoyed her time.





Here I am getting ready to drive it off the lot!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Where is Millie, the other child?