Monday, July 26, 2010

Thirty






The weekend of my shower, was also the weekend we celebrated my 30th birthday. It was so nice to have most of my family in town to help celebrate my big 30! Saturday evening we all went out to dinner, we went to one of my favorite places which happens to be a Japanese steak house! Its a restaurant where they cook in front of you, and the food is amazing! You get so much food, that we always take leftovers for the next day. Its a great place to take a group of people to, because you usually are sat with other people if you come in as a small group. And sometimes this can be very awkward at times. So we got to have the whole table to ourselves. We had such a great time. After dinner, we came back to the house and had cake. My In-laws brought the best cake with them. Its from Ohio and its called Liddy's Cake! I even took a couple of piece to some friends of mine at work to show them how wonderful it is, and they agreed its pretty amazing cake! They placed 30 candles around the cake, and because of Weston in my belly it took a couple of times to finally get them all blown out.
It was a great birthday, and it was so fun to be able to celebrate with them all. So how does it feel like to be 30...well to me its just a number. It doesn't really feel any different and I am not depressed about getting older. I will say one thing that makes me feel old is when you fill something out and they want to know your age you see the year 1980 getting lower and lower on the list. That just means there are a lot of people younger than you out there. Such is life though, we all get older and its a part of life. One of the only things that is bothering me about turning 30 before Brandon (he turns 30 in November) is that on Weston's birth certificate my age will be on there and I will be 30 and Brandon will be 29. We won't be the same age. I am not really happy about that. But its out of my control.

1 comment:

admin said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you guys had fun!