Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Clydesdale's & Mastiffs Oh MY


This was how they looked when we pulled up to the barn.


This is Cody the baby. He is 4.5 years old and bigger than Barney.


Three of the mastiffs playing in the yard. The two circling the one sitting are the babies they are 7 months old!


Andy the sick one.


Barney the famous one he worked for budweiser for 6 years pulling the wagon and in 4 commercials!


This is Mack, he looks like our Nala.


This is how we were greeted.

I love clydedale's they are one of my favorite animals to see. I love all the commercials that they are in. They are amazing. They are huge horses. They weigh around 2,000lbs. They are as tall as 16hands on top of each other. I don't know why they don't give a height but this is the information on line.
Yesterday my friend who lives near me told me she was going to visit one of her clients houses to see clydedales and 4 mastiffs!! I was like I would love to come sometime, so she told me to meet them there. Its only 10 min from my house. When you pull in the long concrete driveway, you know you are on the path to something amazing!
You pull up to a gate, and in front of the gate their is a sign that says beware of guard dog! Then you are greeted with 4 mastiffs! They were so cute, to some people that might scare them but to me since I have a bullmastiff. I didn't care. The owner came up to us in her gator so we piled in and she took us behind the house to her barn! There you saw them. The biggest and prettiest horses in the world (in my opinion). She has three of them. She rescues them from Budweiser. One of them named Barney has stared in 4 commercials, and he worked for them for 6 years. Then she adopted him. She has had him for 10 years. The other two were rejects from the farm. Budweiser has some very strict standards. One as he got older his front hoof turned black. They don't know why so they could not use him. His name is Coby and he is HUGE! He is a big baby. The other one is Andy and he was sick. We only got to look in on him. He has some open soars on his hoofs so the vet just came to look at him. He was rejected because he had to much white on him. This lovely family takes them in when they are done with them. They were so big, and so loving. They live to be around 28 years old. I said I need an animal like that, I hate thinking about my dogs and how they only live to be and average of 10 years old.
Then I could not believe it she had 4 mastiffs! These get to be around 240lbs, but I guess that isn't so big when you have a clydesdale. She has two puppies that are 7 months old, and they are already the size of Nala if not a little bigger. Its crazy.
Anyway enjoy the pictures. I had fun, and I hope I get to go back again.

No comments: