Thursday, September 23, 2010

Grandpa and Grandma Potter Visit


They left at 6AM on Saturday, Weston was wide awake!


Grandpa and Weston napping on Friday afternoon!


Grandma was trying to keep Weston awake during the day, he rolled over to that position but didn't know how to get back on his back.

Last week Brandon had to go out of town for work. Not exactly what one would like to hear when you have a 2.5 week old baby, but what can you do when work calls. So he left on last tuesday and would be home until Friday evening. I had talked to my mom about things, and expressed to her how this was going to be stressful for me and wasn't looking forward to him being gone. One of the reasons it was so stressful for me was that since Weston had left the hospital he hasn't gained any weight. So the doctor told me I needed to feed him every three hours, and that included feeding him at night. Than I had to pump and feed him what I had left over. So basically every three hour window I would be lucky at times to have 1.5 hours left to do what I needed to do. One week went by doing this, and still no significant weight gain, so it was now time to supplement. So when my parents came I had to feed, pump, and give a bottle. Very time consuming, plus take care of two dogs, and Nala was sick at the time. So on Wed evening my parents arrived. It was so nice to have them there for the short time they could come. They helped me get out of the house, take care of Weston and clean my house. Cleaning a house goes so much faster when you have three people tackling it. They stayed until Saturday morning, but Brandon had made it home late Friday night.

No comments: