Monday, September 27, 2010

My 9lb butterball


Watching College football on Saturday with my Mom. We were watching the Michigan game!

Brandon stopped by for a hour this last week while he was in town or a brief meeting, before heading back out for the rest of the week.


Ever since Weston came home for the hospital he has had a hard time gaining weight. Two days after we left the hospital we had to head to the pediatrician to check his weight. Remember he weighed in at 8'11 when he was born. Well he was 8Lbs. So they had me feed, and than we reweighed him. He jumped up to 8lbs 3oz. Not to bad the doctor said. But we had to come back the following week to check his weight again. We came back and we thought for sure he was gaining weight. He wasn't fussy at night, and he was pretty content. We walked in and weighed him again...again he was 8lbs 3oz. Our Doctor informed me my job was going to be harder. I had to wake him up every 3 hours even in during the night to feed him. Than I had to pump after feeding him, and give him whatever was left. At night it took me about 30 min to wake him up. He just loves to sleep. So the next week we went back again. He weighed 8lbs 6oz. The doctor was still not impressed. He said he should be gaining an ounce a day or a minimum 1/2 of an ounce. So we still have to continue what we were doing, but this time we had to start adding a formula supplement. The next week we finally had good news. He was at 9lbs. So now I don't have to wake him up at night to feed, he wakes me up. Which makes feeding at night go so much faster. He sleeps about 4 hour stretches as night. We still have to supplement when needed, but we don't have to see the doctor until his 2 month check up. I told him man we are going to miss coming here every week! LOL It does worry me though now about his weight still, but hopefully we are on the right track now. Yesterday he turned One month! I can't believe it. I looked at video's I took of him and you can tell he is getting bigger. He has out grown one of his NB outfits, he will probably out grow the rest in a week or two. He is getting so long.
Sorry I have updated the blog in a while, Brandon has been gone pretty much the last two weeks for work which makes my job a lot harder and less time to do extra things. Enjoy the video and pictures!

No comments: