Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Morning

The energy bunny died lastnight. I am sorry I didn't get a chance to update the blog, we finally got to Brandon's room around 6pm. We were all so tired. I didn't even want to drive home lastnight. We finally left his room around 9mp. Those are the visiting hours 9am to 9pm. Once I went home I went straight to bed.

Everyone here in the Burn unit has been so nice. His first nurse was from Germany and she was so nice. She loved being in the states. She said she loved everything about the USA. Her dream was to come here, so 10 years she left Germany and came to Vandy. She is very happy here and has no plan on going back. So that was nice to here. But his nurse lastnight was really sweet, and then his nurses today have been really funny. They made some shorts for him they said they look like pirate shorts, but I think they look like Barney Reble shorts. (i have a picture I will post later).
Today when I got here, he said that his Donor leg was bleeding pretty good. (this is what they call the place where they took the skin from) It was bleeding more than they usually like to see. So they are keeping him probably for 3 days. Just so they can monitor his donor site and his pain. He said he finally felt the pain meds kick in this morning. The PT stopped by and made him walk around so he doesn't get stiff. So we are just hanging out in his room.

Prayer list....
1. His donor let to heal, and for the bleeding to stop.
2. Reduce the swelling in his arm, and the skin to take
3. His face for continueing healing.

Brandon's Room Info is...
Burn Center
11th Floor
Room 11220
He can have visitors from 9am-9pm. Only 2 in a room at a time, if anyone would like to visit. Just give me a call to check and see what is going on.

Thanks for all the support.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Barney Rubble Shorts.. funny! I'm keeping y'all in my prayers and i'm glad to see Brandon is smiling even though I know he must be in a ton of pain. Let me know if there is anything I can do.