Friday, September 19, 2008

Where is the Fuel??

I don't know if anyone else seems to be having a problem with fuel or not, but here in Nashville we are. Its crazy, and I don't know why I am not hearing about it on the news. Since Ike went through texas we have been having a problem with gas stations having fuel to sell. But it seems to be only us. Maybe I am wrong but please let me know if you are having problems it would make me feel better. On my drive to work today I could hardly find a station with gas. I passed about 15 stations before I got to one. But they were charging 4.29..they are robbing us. Then I drove about a mile and found one that had gas for 3.94. So I pulled in. The guy next to me told me that the city of Brentwood was out. Which was about 10 min away. I don't get it. I was talking to my parents this morning who live in Michigan and they aren't having this problem. Let alone the cost we are paying. Their average is about 4.00 and usually I see gas for inbetween 4.09-4.19. That says a lot, because Michigan is usually hirer than us. Before the hurricane we were at 3.25. I want to know when we are suppose to be recieving more fuel around here, and I don't get it why the news isn't talking about it. I know the economy is very important, but how are we suppose to be getting to work if all the gas stations are out of fuel??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's crazy! I think you're right- the hurricane must have sent a wave of gas shortage up to your area. In the northeast, I haven't heard of any fuel shortages...but then again, I don't drive!