Sunday, March 14, 2010

Christmas Surprise

I was so excited. Ever since we have been talking about getting pregnant, I always wanted to surprise our parents and do something special in telling them. God gave me what I wanted. It was the weekend before Christmas, so what an amazing Christmas Present to share with the rest of the family. So I started thinking of fun ways in telling our families. The last Christmas, I had purchased this ornament for our friends who were pregnant. It was a husband and wife standing together, and she had a belly. So that was my mission to find one of these ornaments. Now remember this is the Sunday before Christmas, so it was starting to look like finding this ornament was going to be a challenge. We went to our local mall, and they were sold out. We came home from church, and I stared searching the internet. I found a couple, but the problem was because it was going to be personalized no one would guarantee that I would get it before Christmas. We were leaving the next day which was Monday for Christmas vacation. Heading to Ohio first. My final thought was this place in the Laurel Park Mall, which is close to my parents house they have the best place for personalized ornaments. I called them, they informed me that they had a online store and I would have to submit an order that way. It was Sunday night now. I placed my order and followed up with email. Saying what I was trying to do, and that I would pay for the additional mail rush but I needed these before Christmas. I didn't care if they arrived on Wed, I just needed them before Christmas Day. They were great, they worked with me and got them out on Monday. We got them in Ohio on Tuesday in plenty of time.
This is a picture of the ornament, I can't believe I didn't get one of the actual ornament I gave to the family but you will get the idea. On the belly we put baby due Aug/Sept 2010.


Christmas morning we were in Ohio, and if you know me I am always excited for Christmas. This year was no exception. Usually we open our presents first, but at the Hoops house, I just couldn't keep it in. I wanted them to go first. So once they had finished opening all their presents, we handed out the final three. Brandon's parents were the only ones that got the ornament, the grandmas got something a little different. They don't have trees that they put ornaments on, so we had to be a little creative.


Later in the day, we headed to MI to have Christmas with my family. We had to do things a little different. My parents knew their Christmas presents this year, so we had them open them at the very end. We had each of them open a present at the same time again, however my dad got the present that didn't relate. I just didn't want them to suspect anything.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the video of your Mom and Sarah! So precious!!

Tara said...

Hey Rachel! I know it has been a long time since we've talked, but I just ran across your blog (from Jenn Miller's blog - she & I work together).

Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations! I'm so excited for both of you!

Feldman Family said...

Very cute! Made me smile just watching it! Thanks for sharing :)