Monday, March 1, 2010

In God's timing.....not mine! Part 2

So the next day which was a Tuesday, I was not about to wait for them to call me. I called Nashville Fertility. They had received my information and we had scheduled an appointment for next week! When we got to the office, while waiting in the lobby I was looking around and noticing the other people that we were waiting. The majority of the couples that were waiting in the office with us, look about the same age as we were. It caused me to think, why are there so many fertility clinics in the US? Why are so many young people sitting in this office. Does it have something to do with what we are eating, drinking, or medications we are taking? I feel like there needs to be a study conducted on this statistic that is out there.

Eventually we were called into the room, where a nurse came and look at my information asked Brandon some questions and pretty much came to the conclusion that I was the person having problems. When the Doctor came into our room, she was very concerned with my appendicitis that I had last year. She asked me if it actually ruptured. I assured her suspicions, and since it had ruptured she wondered if it cause any problems on my right side. When your appendix ruptures all that poison sits in the lower area and for a female that isn't good. So she wanted to have a test done, because in most cases it does cause a problem on your right side. They also suggested while we were in there to have an IUI (intrauterine insemination). They made it sound like once this happens, you would be pregnant. After the doctor left I looked at Brandon and said "you mean we could be pregnant next week" with a shocked expression. Brandon replied "well you came here to get results" my reply "I said I know but not that fast" "I mean you keep trying to get pregnant and so when the possibility of it happening you kind of get freaked out a little. Just because you are so use to either having a negative test, that when you see a positive its almost unreal. Anyway...we couldn't have the IUI that month, and we would have to wait for the following month. Which was a good thing, because we really needed to go home and sit down and talk about what measures we were going to take. Plus the cost of an IUI is rather expensive. Our insurance doesn't cover any fertility, so this first visit was a rather expensive one as well. So that was late Oct/Nov. The next month we were going to try a different drug, one that can be taken orally. We also decided to have my tubes checked. So as of late November we were on Fermara and I had my tubes checked. As to their suspicion, my right tube is blocked by scar tissue. In the test, they thought they had opened my right tube, but I found out later that its not. So we left the doctors office with a lot of thinking to do. We did discuss that we were going to give Fermara a couple of months, before we would go down the road of IUI. To be continued....(last one)

1 comment:

Feldman Family said...

I thought that was the saddest part about all the fertility stuff...going into the clinics and seeing everyone else there and knowing we were all there for the same reason! And there were a lot of us young ones! So glad you found something that worked for you and so happy for you two with your little blessing on the way...praying all goes well! Take care and congrats again!

Ali