Thursday, July 3, 2008

Softball Injury


Last Thursday night we had a double header for softball. We are playing on the community league that we live in. It was a fun night. The first game in the last inning, and we had last bats, we were tied. The bases were loaded and I was up to bat. We only had one out. Might I add I am not the greatest batter in slow pitch. Its a completely different game than fast pitch and its hard for me to get the timming down. Anyway I knew if I did get out the guy behind me would hit a grand slam or something like that since he did it twice that day already. Another interesting fact is that usually you have to have equal number of guys to girl playing. Generally they stick the girl who isnt' the greatest at catcher. So I step up to the plate and I mean this team was scared!hahaha The pitcher did some switching around. He had everyone crowd the plate, moved the catcher to right field (she was not happy) and brought the second basemen in to play catcher. I was thinking it would be perfect if I could hit it just over the heads since they were crowding the plate. So first pitch and what do i do hit a little line drive over the shortstops head. (If he was playing where he should have been i might have been out) So the run on the third scores and we win the game!! That was fun.
Second game Brandon was playing third base, and while he was batting he was on hit a fly ball out to the outfield. And so he pushed his lucky. He was running from second to third to make it a tripple and the play was going to be close so he slid into the bag. Well he has a beautiful soar on his leg now. Might I add this is a week old injury so it looks a lot better. Nala loves to sniff the area that is soar. By the way he did all that and he was out. Bummer.

No comments: