Thursday, December 11, 2008

2nd Part Continued...

Sunday came and it was time for me to go home. However the Doctor wouldn't let me leave until I ate something. Since I hadn't all week. I didn't feel like eating, but I wanted to get home. I ordered oat bran muffins they were hard as a rock, then I ordered apples (I am a picky person and it was a red apple and I don't like them) but I ate two wedges. The last think I ordered was turkey sandwich. It actually wasn't too bad, but I didn't really want it. But I ate half of a half and I was free to go.
When I got home that evening though, I wasn't doing to good. I tried to eat some soup and that didn't stay. They were afraid that I might have to go back. But I went to bed, and nothing else happen and when I woke up Monday morning I felt 100% better. My incision is still soar and healing. I am tired more but I am getting better everyday. I am actually going to head back to work tomorrow for a half day. Then next week I will be back for good.
Maddie on the other hand is doing well. She is acting like her self, and doesn't seem like anything is wrong with her. Unfortunately we know that isn't the case. She has cancer in her liver and they said its spread to her limp nod. Now we are left at wondering what to do. It is a very hard decision. I am a huge dog lover, I love on everyone dog that I see. But Maddie is my baby. Some of you don't understand, but I believe some of you do. I hate it because she is only 5 she is to young to have this happen to her. I always thought she would be around and be able to see our kids. But who knows if that is going to happen. She loves kids; she would be great if we would have had one by now. The decision here is do we do chemo or not. Chemo on a dog is not as bad as it is on a person. But just like a human you don't know if it’s going to prolong her life, or help her cause. If we do decide to do chemo then I don't want to see her get sick like some of them do. It is so hard. So pray that we know what to do about this situation, pray that Maddie can make it through the holidays. It’s just been a bad 4 months. We have been strong through it all, but last night was a long night for me. I know that God would never put us in a situation that we cannot handle, and in 6 months or years down the road we will be able to see his plan unfolding at this time.

4 comments:

Ashley Carter said...

We love you guys! We know you will make the best decision for Maddie and we are here to help support in any way we can. Don't hesitate to let your TN family know what we can do and we will continue to pray for you all.

The Carters

AppleAdventure said...

Rach, if it helps you any, we are doing chemo on a dog right now and he is doing great!! Just look in her eyes and she will tell you what you should do. You know her and what she is like. Listen to her and what she is telling you. You are a wonderful mommy to her. Praying for you!!

Jenn said...

oh how awful to hear about Maddie. I am sure that you will make the right decision, but can't even imagine how you are feeling. Let us know what you decide to do!

Amy said...

We are praying for your whole family and their health. I can relate to Maddie being such a big part of your family. It is a huge decision.
Let us know if we can do anything.
Love you guys!