Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just a bad fourth Quarter.

I am sure you are hearing it everywhere what a bad fourth quarter it has been on the financial sector, and the business world but it seems it did skip over the Hoop's house here in Tennessee.
Brandon started it all in late September, and then Maddie was next at the end of Oct, and beginning of November, and just recently as some of you know I was next to fall. Last Tuesday Dec. 2nd I think I woke up to lower abdominal pain. I told Brandon but we thought it was just a cyst that was bursting on my ovaries. So I got ready for work and away we all went. When I got to work the pain was just not getting any better, I even had to make a trip to the bathroom a couple of times. So I went back home. I tried to take some pain medicine but I was not keeping anything in. If I took two sips of water, up it went a few min. later. I started thinking to myself this might be something different, but again I have thought this before and all I was told was it’s my cysts. Finally around 12 I got up and made it to the bathroom and I was in so much pain I was crawling to the bed because I was in so much pain. This time I called Brandon and told him he needed to take me to the doctor. (One thing some of you don't know is that our insurance is kind of expensive if we need to anywhere, so I am always hesitant about going to the doctor) When he got home I couldn't bend over to put my sock on Brandon had to help me. We were off. We went to an urgent care, and he ran in and asked if they could help. They said I needed to go to the ER. So we did. It probably took about 45min to an hour before I was seen. The pain wasn't as strong but I was shivering and breaking a fever. They said they were going to be running some test; I had to have a CAT scan first and then an ultra sound. The CAT scan was the only way they were going to know if it was really my appendix. I had one of these before and they couldn't tell anything so I was thinking this isn't going to work. When I was wheeled back into the room, a little later they said it’s your appendix and you are going to have surgery. That was a big relief. Someone found the reason for this pain. So that night I had surgery.
They didn't find this out until surgery that it was already ruptured, so surgery was going to take longer and so was recovery. I was in the hospital from Tuesday until Sunday. It was not a fun experience. I am glad you only can have this happen once, if you are so lucky to have this happen. Most of my nurses were great! The night nurses were so sweet. Our family and friends were so thoughtful for sending all the flowers. Everyone would complement them when they walked in the room. It was nice to see something colorful.
Then some more sad news came when I was in the hospital. Maddie our boxer who is only 5 has more cancer in her body. Her liver is pretty bad as well as one of her limp nods. This was a very hard day in the hospital for me. There was nothing I could do, Brandon was off taking care of her and I just had to keep getting up and moving so I could get out of the hospital.
MORE TO COME.....

2 comments:

Grace Clausing said...

How are you feeling? Hopefully your recovering well and eating lots of ice cream in the process. :)

Oh no...my heart skipped a beat when I read about Maddie. :( Any news about her? Poor thing. You guys sure have had a rough few months. I'm sorry to have all this happen to you. PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Maddie. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. She is so young!

Glad you made it through surgery ok, and that you're on the mend! What a crazy couple of months!