Thursday, December 18, 2008

Weekend Update




This past weekend, my family came into town. This weekend had been planned since the summer so it was nice since it was around my surgery that they could come. My Dad helped Brandon all weekend in trying to finish up our bonus room upstairs. This project has been on going for over a year and a half. My dad came down in November as well to help us finish the project. When my Dad comes he doesn't stop. That weekend in November that Saturday we worked from 7am until 11pm. We only stopped for meals. We were so tired after he left, but we got a lot accomplished. This weekend we were hoping to have everything done, however with me going to the hospital things were put on hold. So this weekend my Dad and Brandon finished the drywall, trim and painted the room. All that is left to do is carpet and repaint the trim. We went out last night trying to find carpet, let me just say I hate that job. There is so many options out their, I just went around and felt all the samples. I based my decision on touch. Brandon was laughing at me. We did talk to someone who gave us good insight as to what to look for, but I really do hate picking out carpet. We haven't made up our mind yet, we are going to try and do it before we take off for Christmas so we will see. Anyway here are some pictures of my family helping paint this weekend.

No comments: